8 Tips to Keep your Kids Safe on Halloween
As a kid Halloween is a much anticipated and celebrated holiday. There is the classroom parties, the dressing up with friends and of course the trick-or-treating. For children, all that matters are how much candy you have collected by the end of the night. However, as parents there are other more important matters on Halloween night; primarily our children’s safety.
As such here are some helpful tips to ensure a safe and fun Halloween:
- Make sure all costumes are fire-resistant
- If children are allowed out after dark, make sure they have some kind of light; a flashlight, glow sticks or reflective tape on their costumes.
- Young children should always be accompanied by a responsible adult on the neighborhood rounds
- If your older children are going alone, plan and agree on an acceptable route
- Agree on specific time children should return home
- Remind your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car
- Guide or inform children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street
Oct 31st, Halloween
Nov 1st, Living a Healthy Lifestyle Workshop, 1-2pm
Nov 2nd, Living a Healthy Lifestyle Farmers Walk, 11am