6 Ways You Can Give Back This Holiday Season
The Holidays are always a great time to enjoy by celebrating with friends and family. Although this is a great time of celebration, for many who are less fortunate this can be an extremely difficult time of the year. We need to remember that it is not only a time for celebration, but that it is also the season of giving. Whether it is doing something small or something large, this time of year is an especially great time to help give back to those around us. So here are 6 ways you can give back this holiday season:
- Donate toys to a toy drive: Many families struggle to purchase toys and gifts for their children, as it can be rather expensive, but with the help of many foundations such as Toys for Tots by donating toys many families all across the United States are helped every year around the Christmas season!
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen: One of the most difficult problems for people is figuring out where they are going to get their next meal. With the help of soup kitchens people who wouldn’t normally be able to can receive a hot meal!
- Donate old winter clothes: This time of year can get especially cold, and many people can not afford to buy proper winter clothing. By donating old coats, hats, and gloves that you don’t use anymore you can help many people to stay warm this winter.
- Visit a nursing home: As people get older, and their families start to move a way not all elderly people get to see those they love around the holidays. By going to a nursing home and just talking to the people who live there, you can help bring so much happiness to an elderly person this holiday season!
- Give something nice to your local police or fire department: The police and firefighters in our communities work tirelessly to make sure that we are kept safe. In order to show how much you appreciate their work, you can bake cookies or bring a card to your local police or fire department!
- Pack small gifts for the homeless: Living in a city we see that homelessness is an especially big issue. To help these people through this time of year you can help by packing small gifts for the homeless containing small things such as: socks, granola bars, tooth paste, tooth brush, or gloves!
These are just a few ways that you can help to give back to your community this holiday season, and there are definitely many more!
- The foundation will be closed this Friday 12/21