5 Tips to stick to your New Year Resolutions
Happy New Years! With each new year there is hope that the year ahead will be better than the previous. As such, one might set numerous New Year resolutions. Sticking to these resolutions weather personal, physical or mental can be daunting. Many will agree it is hard to make your resolutions reality. Here are 8 Tips to help you stick to your resolutions and make 2019 your year!
- Start Small: Make attainable resolutions that you think you can keep and move forward from there.
- Ask for Support: Everyone needs encouragement every once in a while. It is important to let people who are in your life aware of your resolutions so that they can help you achieve them.
- Track Yourself: It is important to see your progress. You are more likely to stick to something if you write it down.
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: Perfection is not attainable. Take each day one step at a time and obsessing over small slip ups will not help.
- Recommit: If you find yourself not as motivated come mid-year; restart and recommit to the resolution. A fresh start is always an option.